BLOG WITH US

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

Retargeting: A Second Chance at an Interested Audience

Not everyone who visits your site is going to convert into a customer. In fact, this happens about 2 percent of the time. Retargeting is an advertising strategy that gives your website a second chance, placing ads for your business in front of that 98 percent of “non-convert” visitors after they have left. With retargeting, you can continue to make brand impressions and build traction with consumers who have interacted with your business previously. Retargeting is made possible through cookies, small pieces of data that are sent from a website and stored in a user’s browser, reporting activity as the user browses through your site. This advertising strategy uses cookies to display ads about the services and products your potential customer was interested in while they browse other websites. 

The ever-increasing amount of social media usage boosts the success of retargeting campaigns greatly. For example, the creation of Facebook Exchange makes this type of advertisement the most frequent to appear to Facebook users and has multiplied advertisers’ return on investment 16 times over (Facebook 2012). Consider this:

  • 70% of retargeted consumers are more likely to complete a purchase. (Blackboard 2012)
  • Advertisers are seeing a 16X higher return on investment in Facebook Exchange ads. (Facebook 2012)
  • Retargeted consumers spend on average 50% more than those served with non-retargeted banner ads. (SEO 2012)

To learn more about how your business can use retargeting to increase your sales, contact us at 800-606-1610.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

Examining ULT Market Demand

Vaccines have remained a huge topic in news articles for over two years now. From rollouts of mRNA vaccines for new age groups to reformulations

Shaping the New OffWhite Website

Web design is an ever-evolving field, both from a technical standpoint and a design trend standpoint. When to update a website largely depends on two